We are seeking a highly skilled Staff Software Engineer specialised in Frontend development to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for building scalable, performant web applications using cutting-edge technologies.
What you'll do:
Drive frontend development using NextJS, Typescript, and GraphQL.
Architect solutions that leverage Server Side Rendering (SSR) for performance gains.
Work closely with UX/UI designers to implement responsive and visually appealing designs using Styled Components.
Integrate with backend services and APIs.
Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality software.
Mentor junior engineers and conduct code reviews.
Participate in architectural decisions and contribute to tech stack evolution.
Who you are:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
5+ years of frontend development experience.
Expertise in NextJS, Typescript, GraphQL, and Styled Components.
Strong knowledge of Server Side Rendering (SSR) and Node.
Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- An attractive Base Salary.
- Participation in our Short Term Incentive plan (annual bonus).
- An excellent Equity program. This role plays a key part to the success of the organisation and therefore you will receive a piece of Adevinta every 6 months.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with a match from Adevinta.
- Work From Anywhere: Enjoy up to 20 days a year of working from anywhere! Maybe not from the moon - well why not! just make sure you have internet connection!
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Program for you and your family, because we care.
- Win together, lose together is one of our key behaviours. At Adevinta you will find a collaborative environment with an opportunity to explore your potential and grow.
On top of these, we also provide a range of locally relevant benefits. Wanna know more? Apply and ask our recruiters!
Kijiji is the #1 online classifieds site in Canada and one of Canada's top 10 most-visited digital sites. We reach nearly half of Canadian internet users monthly. We're a leader in helping users find and trade goods and services in their communities, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We're proud of our engaged, results-oriented and collaborative team and were recently named one of the top Toronto Tech Employer Brands.
Kijiji is part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist and sustainability leader with 40+ products in 14 countries.
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role but are interested, please consider applying anyway. Research suggests that women and individuals from underrepresented groups may self-select out of opportunities if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. We strongly encourage people from historically excluded groups to apply and look forward to speaking with you.