At Adevinta, we believe everything and everyone has a purpose in life. Our selection of digital brands unlock the full value in every person, place and thing by creating perfect matches on the world’s most trusted marketplaces.
Sustainability is in our DNA, and we are recognised as a global sustainability leader by DJSI Europe. By providing marketplaces where people buy and sell second-hand goods, we contribute to the circular economy and help people live more sustainably.
We're all about matchmaking, and we take the same approach to hiring. But it's not just about finding the right skills for the job. It's also about making sure the role and the culture are the right match too.
We care about gaining and keeping the trust of our users, customers and stakeholders by acting responsibly, promoting sustainability and protecting the environment.
We invest in companies with tangible traction, a potential to scale beyond their domestic market, and who we can support with more than just financial resource.
Press room page for all your news
Marketing & Communication /
Marketing & Communications
The Director, Global Internal Communications will lead Adevinta's global internal communications strategy and execution, embedding the Adevinta culture through company-wide communications to approximately 7,000 employees. Given the rapid pace of change in our industry, they will need to manage, coordinate and execute multiple complex internal communications, including by function and by market. This role reports into the Senior Vice President (SVP) of Communications and will be responsible for a team of around 12, with 2 or 3 direct reports.
- Develop effective internal communications strategy that informs, aligns and unites all Adevintans, independent of the function or marketplace they belong to
- Partner with the Adevinta Executive team to accurately reflect the company's strategic goals in all communication
- Partner with the corporate communications, brand management and HR teams to ensure close alignment and integration between the functions
- Ensure coherent planning and delivery across internal communications, including timely and connected delivery of messaging and events
- Responsible for the coordination and delivery of strategic internal events e.g. All Hands and a high profile annual internal awards event
- Responsible for internal content and channel management, including the intranet site
- Responsible for one-off project-specific communications that impact all Adevintans
- Actively contribute to the development and execution of the global Adevinta communications strategy, owned by the Communications SVP
- Identify and deliver on opportunities for the continuous improvement of the Internal Communications function
- Actively make Communications a great place to work, through contributing ideas, knowledge, success stories and lessons learned to the Communications community
- Build, motivate and retain an exceptional team of Internal Communications professionals - Encourage and inspire the team to offer their best and boost their potential through identifying and supporting development opportunities, while balancing individual and business needs
This role is part of the Communications team at Adevinta. The Communications team is essential to realising Adevinta’s ambitions, internally and externally. Internally, Communications embeds the Adevintan brand through proactively communicating as ‘one voice’. Externally, the team is working to put Adevinta on the map with corporate audiences and prospective employees through proactively communicating Adevinta’s brand and value proposition.
We're Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month. We're all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they're looking for in their local communities – whether it's a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. Our brands are supported by global Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Their goal is to develop common global products and innovation platforms which all of our brands can use. This means using cutting edge technology to create highly scalable, customisable and secure products and components that free up development time and leverage our access to global data.
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role but are interested, please consider applying anyway. Research suggests that women and individuals from underrepresented groups may self-select out of opportunities if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. We strongly encourage people from historically excluded groups to apply and look forward to speaking with you.
See all our jobs
Careers at Adevinta can take you in all sorts of directions and to many different countries. The question is – where do you want to go?