The Messaging team owns the software and infrastructure that sends over eight million messages every day and serves millions of customers worldwide. Up to 10 marketplaces globally use our infrastructure and integrate their applications using our SDKs to enable chat on their websites. With more than 30 people in the team, split into three squads from areas such as UX, Product, Data, and Tech, we work together to develop top-of-the-line software products and provide the best experience to our marketplaces’ users.
What you'll do:
- Help build state of the art systems that have real revenue-generating impact
- Engineer and implement highly scalable systems using the best development practises and tools
- Help define our development environment and communicate the best development practises within the organisation (i.e. code reviews, testing, etc)
- Continuously monitor the quality of our systems and design measurements to monitor their health (both the engineering systems and data integrity)
- Keep on top of the latest and greatest developments in distributed systems and the cloud
- Work closely with other teams (Stakeholders, Data Science, Product and UX) at Adevinta to drive product development
- Be curious: experiment with new solutions yet be pragmatic and committed to code optimisation, maintainability and quality
Who you are:
- A creative person, who can help us raise the bar, challenge our current setup and improve our solution - you love developing good quality software
- You use your voice. Good written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills; technical and business level English is a must
- Eager to celebrate the success with the team but who is also ready to learn from mistakes in order to improve
- Experience with development best practises: Pair programming, code review, clean code, CI/CD preferably with experience in Travis and Spinnaker
- Understands quality by design and consistently works with Unit testing, Integration Testing, (JUnit, Testcontainers, etc.)
- Familiar with REST APIs, and Microservices architecture
- Experience or desire to learn Kotlin - it’s the main programming language we use, but we’re happy to help you learn if you haven’t worked with it before
- Experience building and maintaining systems at scale is a plus: service discovery, load balancing, secret management, dynamic request routing, circuit breakers and deployment schemes (rolling updates, canary, etc.)
- Experience with high traffic systems and distributed systems and databases is a plus
- An attractive Base Salary.
- Participation in our Short Term Incentive plan (annual bonus).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with a match from Adevinta.
- Work From Anywhere: Enjoy up to 20 days a year of working from anywhere! Maybe not from the moon - well why not! just make sure you have internet connection!
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Program for you and your family, because we care.
- Win together, lose together is one of our key behaviours. At Adevinta you will find a collaborative environment with an opportunity to explore your potential and grow.
On top of these, we also provide a range of locally relevant benefits. Wanna know more? Apply and ask our recruiters!
We're Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month.
We're all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they're looking for in their local communities – whether it's a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Our brands are supported by global Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Their goal is to develop common global products and innovation platforms which all of our brands can use. This means using cutting edge technology to create highly scalable, customisable and secure products and components that free up development time and leverage our access to global data.
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role but are interested, please consider applying anyway. Research suggests that women and individuals from underrepresented groups may self-select out of opportunities if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. We strongly encourage people from historically excluded groups to apply and look forward to speaking with you.